Case Study Challenge #43

Hi there! Miss me? lol... It's been nearly a week since I've posted because the school year is coming to a close. In typical Tobi form I've left a lot of marking till the end and I've been swamped! This has been my best year of school yet (I am so happy with how my choirs did this year) and it's been a real bummer having to say goodbye to some of my graduating students.. I'll miss them so much.

Anyway.. On to today's card. I played along with the current case study challenge (if you don't know what that is, it's a blog that chooses a monthly muse and they "case" or copy a different card every week..) and here's my card:


I coloured the image first (whimsie doodles) then went searching for papers that matched and found these. (FYI, I normally don't do it in that order, but it just happened this time...) The papers are 2 or 3 year-old American Crafts "Metropolitan" and they're great unisex papers. 

Here's a close-up of the colouring: 


I taught an advanced Copic class last night and one of the topics was colouring dark images and I used this as an example of colouring a black/dark grey object. I don't know about you, but I've NEVER, and I literally mean never used my black markers. When I first started I thought I would use black all the time, but you lose all of the details in a stamp if you colour it one solid block of colour. This is maybe a little too faded to be considered "black" but you definitely see all of the detail.

Here's the run-down of colours in case you're curious:
Black/grey: C1,3,4,5,7,9
Brown: E31, 34, 35, 37, 39
Blue: BG70, 72
Orange: Y38

Thanks for stopping by!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Thank you for commenting!