Like many of you, I LOVE Pinterest, and I have pinned a lot of cards lately featuring techniques using white embossing powder. For this project I used our standard Detail White Embossing Powder on watercolour paper. This technique was a challenge because this stamp is quite busy – it’s designed to be a background stamp – and it’s hard to see white-on-white; but once I started colouring in the poinsettias it started to get a little easier to see the design.
Here are the steps I took to colour this card:
- Colour poinsettia petals with various red watercolour markers
- Colour leaves with various green watercolour markers
- Colour background with light aqua watercolour markers
- Using a waterpen, go over the coloured areas by colour (first do all the red, clean off the brush, then the green etc…)
- Mist the entire design lightly with gold or pearlescent glimmer mist