The Poinsettia

Hello there! Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days. I’ve been fighting with this new medication for my Fibromyalgia and instead of giving up on it (because of the nasty side-effects) I’ve decided to power through. I’m starting to feel normal-ish again, but more than the almost constant nausea, I’ve been TIRED! Ironic because the Fibromyalgia symptom I would most like to go away is the chronic fatigue, but like I said.. I’m going to power through and give this medication a try..

 

This weekend (long weekend here in Canada because of Thanksgiving) was a good time to catch up on sleep, but also have some no-stress crafting time. Gotta love that. I purchased the new Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia die last week and I thought I would try out some different looks with it.

Turns out I did one look on three different tags, but what can I say? I liked how it turned out. I’ve never purchased the shaped nestabilities before because I didn’t have any spectacular ideas for them.. That’s all changed.

oct10poin

Here’s a close-up of the poinsettia. I cut all of the pieces from kraft cardstock then used Distress inks (Barn Door, Peeled Paint, and Vintage Photo) to colour the pieces. Then I covered them with Rock Candy Crackle Paint and let them dry (overnight). After it was dry I took the vintage photo and went over all of the pieces again to accentuate the cracks.

oct10poin2

 

oct10poin4

 

oct10poin3

I used some new Technique Tuesday stamps that accompanied the grungy and clean tags perfectly: Celebrate the Seasons, and Believe. (Both by Ali Edwards)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian readers!! See you soon.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. beautiful Tobi! i'm over here in NB also enjoying a day off :) i'm sorry to hear about your pain and disturbing symptoms...nausea is BAD scene for me...you're tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tobi - these tags are gorgeous!
    I love the red and dark green and gold colouring. Yup I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are gorgeous, I especially love the last one. With Thanksgiving now over I guess it's time to get in full Christmas mode. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello beautiful tags. I think I love you. :)
    These are GORGEOUS, Tobi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your medicine effects improve. I started taking Savella a few months ago for my fybro; it's helping but does make me nauseous. (At least I can make it downstairs to let my puppy out now). My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is a Poinsettia! Love that die. There is a certain company that just released one (no names named) and I have to say it looks nothing like a Poinsettia in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!