PenPatterns?!?!

Fran has done it again, and in our April 2014 Catalog we’re introducing one of her newest ideas, PenPatterns.Folks seem to have taken to doodling in and out of shapes for their stamped artwork lately, so Fran has created some images that are perfect for this new trend. These charming images have large open spaces ideal for doodling your own patterns into with either black or colored pens or pencils.

I played around with a few ideas, not doodling though.. I'm not a "zentangler" but I could dig the idea of stamping similar patterns into a stamp... 




I stamped the "PenPattern Light" rubber stamp in versamark onto vellum and embossed it with white EP. I stamped PenPattern Flower in Memento Luxe ink, hit it with the heat tool, then sponged some soft colour on the inside!



This image was fun to create. I started with a background created with Dylusions Ink Sprays. Then I stamped the PenPatterns Bird in the middle, and used a few tiny stamps (the half-circles and the scroll on the wing) from one of the clear sets to add doodling. Once finished I added shading with a chalk pencil and sprinkled some Aged White Embossing Enamel in strategic places.. Do you like? It's fun to veer off from the original stamp design - you should try it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting!