Anything Goes

This weeks challenge at the Tiddly Inks blog is "anything goes" so I thought I would try water coloring with a white outline. It's not always an exact science so you never know how it's going to turn out, but it's a really fun process so why not?! 



I used a combination of Prima watercolor pencils and Sakura paints with a water brush to get this look.
I think when you're trying this technique it's important to have highlights and low lights since the stamped image isn't very clear or visible on its own. 



You can see where I tried to make the mermaid hair have lots of dimension and I did that by allowing the watercolor paints to dry completely before adding another layer- that way the paints don't have time to blend too much and you get more definition. 

Did you know that Tiddly Inks Stamps sometimes come in photopolymer stamps as well as digital stamps? Well they do and that's how I stamped today's image! It's a really great option for those of us who like to watercolor! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting!