Sketch Challenge

I have always loved the sketch challenge at SCS. For me, it's always the layout that gives me the hardest time. I can always come up with colours, patterned papers, stamps, etc., but it's the layout that I'll "hum and haw" about for hours sometimes. I would NEVER be a graphic artist, that's for sure. So playing the sketch challenge is somehow freeing for me. I get to think about other things.

I wanted to use a tree from the memory box clear set I have on loan from my LSS. The set is full of non-traditional trees and I love it. See my other post here for another time I used the set.

I began with the card base, which is, as usual, 5x5. The next two layers are 1/8 of an inch smaller. The middle square is cuttlebugged, and then ticket-corner punched. I stamped the tree first, then stamped the ornaments in different colours. The only colour you can't see is the Ballet Blue (Palette) and I have to say, I HATE that ink. I keep giving it a second chance to prove to me that it's a real colour, but it keeps letting me down. If it were the colour is says it should be, it would be pretty, but it's not. I love all of my other palette colours, but hate this one.. moving on.. I then punched the tree out with a marvy punch and adhered it to the card with foam squares. Now I'm off to bed. I have early morning choir rehearsal (7:00) and I need to be alert!!! "Night.

Check my SCS gallery for supplies. Thanx!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting!