It's a Joint Effort

Ian coloured the majority of the owl, but I just received this super cool-looking frame stamp from Unity and really wanted to use it and his coloured image was sitting there un-loved, and un-carded... SO.. I masked around the branch and stamped/coloured the frame, and added a little more highlights/shades to the owl... I really like this image (whipper snapper), and am loving this frame (thanx Unity!)...

I am really digging Ian doing the Copic thang. It's nice to just FIND a completed image all ready to go..

I used a wildly unpopular stamp by Stampin' Up called Park Ave Patterns for the background of the card. It's kind of bird-cage-ish so I thought it worked well...

It's funny.. I seem to choose these stamps that no one else likes and then because I have no inspiration, I don't use them as much... I like using background stamps more and more though, so maybe this one will become part of my arsenal. Who knows...
Stamps: Owl on branch (Whipper Snapper), Frame (Unity), Sentiment (CHF), Background (Park Ave. Patterns SU!); Paper: Kraft (SU!), White (PapertreyInk); Ink: Versamark, Black (Momento); Other: Copic Markers, Signo white gel pen,

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love Park Avenue Patterns. Can't wait to get it. I think it's a great set!

    And I love this card. Can I borrow Ian? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image!! Didn't even know what Park Avenue Patterns were. :( But I do now!!! :) They look great!
    Jenni King

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!