Having a little fun...


Did I tell you that while I'm on "summer vacation" from teaching I am working at Clipper Street, the store I teach the occasional card class at! Besides being hard on the feet and back from standing for 8 hours straight, I am loving working there. The customers at Clipper Street are like no others! I get to help with projects and "talk shop" and the working environment is relaxed and fun... It's a huge change from teaching, but it's exactly what I need. It's inspiring to be around all the pretty papers and "stuff," so when I got home from work tonight I sat down and starting on this little image.

Onto tonight's card... Sometimes having fun and experimenting while colouring yields wonderful and unexpected results. Case in point: the card I made tonight.. This paper I've been trying to love (Neenah Solarcrest white in 80lb weight) is a little weird when you take the blender pen to it. (I'm talking Copic marker language right now..) The colour gets eaten up and leaves little waves behind. Well, to cover the inconsistencies I dotted some medium/dark green around the image and HELLO! I LOVE it!!

Then... to be totally serendipitous, it goes perfectly with the patterned paper I'm using! yay. (that was a sarcastic yay, but really, I'm glad it worked out because I could never PLAN for things to go this well...)


Thanx for stopping by! 


Stamps: pure innoncence (from digistampcharacters on etsy, and sentiment by pink cat studios
Paper: crate paper, PTI
Ink: ranger - lamp black
Accessories: copic markers, twine, sticker by crate paper

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Very CUTE card!! Love the color combination, and I love your coloring of the stamped image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!