PanPastel Art Journal Page

So I've been smitten by PanPastels.

I'm seeking out new ways to use them and I've been having a lot of fun. 

Today's art journal page started with the PanPastel Resist technique. 


This technique was different from what I thought it would be. When you lay down the pastels on paper and paint on top of them, the pastels actually prevent the paint from fully gripping the paper. So, once the paint has dried I took a baby wipe and started wiping away the paint from the raised portions. I don't get much of the PanPastel colours I used coming through (metallics) but it's a nice effect.


Once I was done fiddling with the paints I added more Metallic PanPastels on top. They are a gorgeous way to highlight embossed pieces and so vivid. I love how the gold deepens all of the colours around it. There are spots on the page that have the coolest colour combos - and they're all spontaneous!! 



Once I was happy with the background, I started doodling the vines. I used a Stabilo All Pencil and went over the lines with a waterbrush. The verse was written with big Pitt Pens and I gotta say, I love my handwriting with them! They are big markers to hold but somehow everything always comes out so nice and smooth. 

Have you dabbled with PanPastels yet?? When asked what set of colours are good to start off with, hands-down I will say the metallics. They are a perfect compliment to any medium. Try it out and let me know what you think!!  

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting!