Damask

I am lovin' all the damask stuff out there right now. I see it in magazines, in fashion, on billboards, it's everywhere, and I LOVE it in this set from PTI. I just received it today and had to make a card with it PRONTO.

I used today's sketch from the sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. I took it pretty literally, and as you can see I also did something I don't normally do, but wanted to start doing: stamping on the inside of the card...

Do you ever show someone your card that you just made and they'll look at it, then automatically look at the inside? That REALLY irks me, but at the same time, why not give them a little something to look at? lol

This wasn't a hard card to make, and I made some mistakes (it was my first time OK????) but I really like how it turned out. I like the splash of pink. Kind of like a pink sash on a really chic monochromatic dress....







Stamps: damask designs (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Spring Moss, White (PTI), Black (Prism), Coral (DCWV)
Ink: brilliance black, Spring Moss (Palette PTI)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. what a GORGEOUS beauty!!! Yuppers...what's up with peeps always checking the inside of cards? Do they want to read what I've written inside? I don't get it either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I like the splash of pink too. I have NO idea why people feel compelled to immediately look inside, unless it's habit from all those years of card opening ;) But I think - "hey, I worked hard on the OUTSIDE of that card...look at it a little longer, k?" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Tobi! I love your choice of colors!

    Have a goodie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!