Getting back to my roots: Scrapbooking

I was a scrapbooker first. I started when I was pregnant (late 2001) and I wasn't very good! LOL.. I guess we're never any good when we first start something, but I was constantly second quessing myself, agonizing over simple decisions for HOURS. It was painful to scrapbook back then.

I got busy for a few years after Phoenix was born. I was a university student, single mom,
and I had a full-time job, so scrapbooking didn't really happen again till after I got my first degree in 2005.
Then, in 2006 I was introduced to stamping and card making, and I said to myself,
"I already have all the stuff, I wouldn't really need to
buy anything more to make a few cards here and there..." HA!

So I've been addicted to "carding" for 3 years now, and I don't really do much else. Read? Nope.
Watch TV? Not really. Compose/arrange music? Not unless I have to. It's sad really...
So I've decided that I am going to start scrapbooking again, and this time I have two
really great reasons: Wedding & Honeymoon! (I also have a couple of compositions
to get done so I should add those to the list).

So here are a two layouts I finished that are the beginnings of my Wedding scrapbook.


I played along with the Pencil Lines sketch. I picked up the Prima flower branch knowing that
it would coordinate with my wedding pictures, so all I had to do was find some papers.
The MME paper I chose was not an obvious choice, but I think it goes really well
with all of the elements!
(Additional supplies: SU! Scallop punch, PTI Fresh Alphabet, Memento ink, Elzybells Kraft cardstock)


and isn't that prima so cool?

Next, using the same supplies,
I used OLW's word: Gratitude as a jumping-off point for my layout:


 I wrote about being grateful that Phoenix was so involved in the wedding, that he loves
my hubby, and that together we made the day a day we'll remember forever.
(Additional supplies: American Crafts accents, Technique Tuesday stamps,
Spica Pen, chipboard die-cut letters) 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love them. I too have fallen into the card and stamping. I started scrapping a couple of years ago and have found that it is much harder to do a page than it is to do a card. Love the layouts, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorrgeous layouts! Love your OLW layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these layouts are fabulous!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!