World Card Making Day


For those of you that aren't in "the know," yesterday was World Card Making Day, and yes it's a real thing.

So my mission for this year's WCMD was simple: play along with a few challenges, get some mandatory design work done, and use up scraps on my table. And guess what? I actually accomplished all three of my goals, so here are a few cards that I made yesterday and today:




I made this card for a Flowersoft class I will be teaching next month
at my LSS. Hero Arts bird, Cosmo Cricket Paper.


I made this for an SCS challenge: use a quote for the main image.
Basic Grey Paper, Hero Arts stamp.



This was a funny challenge from SCS. It was to make a card that shows what
you and your girlfriends like to do for fun. Now, this may seem weird, but I have
NO GIRLFRIENDS! Is that strange? I have a gay best friend and his husband, does that count?
Actually, it was my BF that gave me this stamp, so I used it, and I love coffee, so I
figured if I DID have a girlfriend, we'd drink coffee together.
Cosmo Cricket paper, Inkadinkado stamp, and MM button and flower.



This starts the "using up scraps" portion of my cardmaking. I was playing around
with the new features on my MM Slice, and made a few cuts, and they were just laying there, so....
MM buttons, Martha rikrak, Amuse stamp.




I've held on to these scraps for a LONG time. I coloured this image (Unity) on my Honeymoon!!!
WOW! So again, scraps were hanging around, I picked them up, threw them on some cardstock, and glued.


The End...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. happy wcmd! I love your cards. if you count your blog readers as friends you have lots of girlfriends, and I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee right now enjoying your post, so the coffee with friends card was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!