Leftover Sunday - Week 3



Well... There weren't many leftovers because this was a really barren card week. One great thing about school coming to a close is all of the craft time I'll have! I will be working at Clipper Street over the summer again where I am inspired daily by the customers, the store, the class wall and the product! I can't wait..

So these were the leftovers I had to choose from:


I bought a ream of paper from Paper Zone this weekend in hopes that it would be sturdy enough for card-bases and some digital elements like Silhouette cuts etc, and it will.. But I got home and pulled out some Copic Xpress blending cardstock that I hadn't tried yet and my new paper (called Conqueror, 80lb. cover weight) and did a side-by-side comparison with Memento ink and Copics... I LOVE IT. I actually liked how it blended BETTER than the Copic paper and it's a fraction of the price! ($23/250 versus Copic paper $4.95/10) I've tried a lot of paper (yes, I've tried Neenah and hate it) and usually I colour on PTI but I am thrilled to have found a cheaper option that I am truly happy with. 

Anyway, here's what I made with my coloured flowers and one of the card-bases:



The flower is from a $2.99 Technique Tuesday set called Pocket Full of Posies.
The ginormous "50" and the sentiment are SRM stickers and the leaves are from Prima. 
The background paper is MME Lime Twist. 

Copic Markers Used: 
R81, 83, 85, 89

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for commenting!