Colour Challenge with Tech. Tuesday Stamps

Well! I am back from Ireland, beat the jetlag again (thanks to 24 hours of travel = no sleep for 24 hours = when I got home Sunday night I was tired = no jetlag) and I am ready to craft… On my trip I brought along some stamped images and my Tim Holtz distress markers so I could practice with them a little more.. Here’s the image I coloured close-up:

IMG_0827



I find I colour a little differently than I do with Copic markers (because blending is done with a water pen) but it was easy to switch the PROCESS because I know what I want the end result to look like. Does that make sense? I think once you kind of figure out your colouring style it’s easy to switch mediums.. At least that’s what I’ve found…

IMG_0826


So as the title suggests, I played along with today’s colour challenge at SCS: chocolate brown, taupe, and a slate blue colour. I used new Pink Paislee patterened papers Prairie Hill collection… Great match, eh?

I have a couple more projects to share soon, but in the meantime, thanks for joining me on journey to Ireland (if you missed it, CLICK HERE). Take Care!
Supplies Used: Pink Paislee patterened papers Prairie Hill collection; Image stamped on watercolour paper; Elephant stamp: Little Peanut – Technique Tuesday, Sentiment: Sweet Somethings – Technique Tuesday; Twinery twine; Nestabilities; Pink Paislee chipboard elements; Vintage Photo distress ink and applicator; ranger Distress markers

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So pretty, Tobi!! Love your coloring with those markers. And how cool that you did it while on your trip!! Loved scrolling through your travel pics... amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOBES:) I am so sad I've been MIA for the last month! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card--LOVE that little elephant and those papers! BEAUTIFULLY done! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!