‘Tis the Season

Hi there! I have a post up on the Stampendous! blog today... Here is my card made with Cling Poinsettia Background and a very useful sentiment clear set called ‘Tis The Season.

tistheseason

Like many of you, I LOVE Pinterest, and I have pinned a lot of cards lately featuring techniques using white embossing powder. For this project I used our standard Detail White Embossing Powder on watercolour paper. This technique was a challenge because this stamp is quite busy – it’s designed to be a background stamp – and it’s hard to see white-on-white; but once I started colouring in the poinsettias it started to get a little easier to see the design.

tistheseason2

Here are the steps I took to colour this card:

  1. Colour poinsettia petals with various red watercolour markers
  2. Colour leaves with various green watercolour markers
  3. Colour background with light aqua watercolour markers
  4. Using a waterpen, go over the coloured areas by colour (first do all the red, clean off the brush, then the green etc…)
  5. Mist the entire design lightly with gold or pearlescent glimmer mist
I found that I had to check my perfectionist tendencies at the door because the colours were going to run together no matter what, and in my opinion it turned out having a really elegant look for such a haphazard technique!

tistheseason3

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OHHHHHHHHH! What a beautiful card--I absolutely looooooove this! LOVE the embossing and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! It catches my eyes from your site at this moment. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!