There She Goes Challenge: CAS

I don't always get to play along with the There She Goes challenge, but this week I had a little medically-necessary at-home time, so I made a card!


I used a new-to-me product: PanPastels. For a few years now I've looked at them at my local art supply store and just kept walking. I didn't really see the potential, but with the recent popularity of mixed media and art journaling I've watched some tutorials and thought I'd give them a try... 

I started by stamping my background (Journal Lines) in Versamark. 


Then I applied the pastels with their "Sofft Tool" (basically a makeup sponge)


The colours blend beautifully and they're quite vivid. I like them a lot! 


After applying all of the pastels you have to seal it (I used a spray fixative). 
I then set about making the card!


I thought that the image combined with the sentiment combined with the colourful background made kind of an ironic joke. Yay me!

Check out this week's There She Goes Challenge and play along! Prizes! 

Other TSG Stamps used: Dream in Color, Wrapped In Joy

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. ACK! I had to come see what you were talking about after reading your DS104 post. THIS ROCKS!!! I have not seen them in stores but need to! LOL! LOVE what you've done Toby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!Thanks for the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!