cas

12 Tags of Christmas–Day 4

The challenge of playing along Tim Holtz’s “12 Tags of Christmas” continues. I’m starting to get used to staying up to 2 or 3 am.. Pretty sad. lol.. Here are my tags using a couple of techniques Tim used tonight, namely:

  • Rock Candy Crackle Paint
  • Distress stains to colour in the cracks after the crackle paint has dried
  • Distress stains to create the tag background
  • Stamping with Distress Stains

Tag 1:dec4tagsnowman

I don’t own the TH snowman die so this was cut out from Grungepaper with my Slice. I just cut the shape twice without moving the machine and it cut almost all the way through. I took the craft knife to a few spots that didn’t quite make it.
dec4tagsnowman2
I used some wonderful mica flakes (Stampendous “Fran-tage” line of products) with clear Helmar glue to keep them in place.

Now for some more "cutesy" tags...

Tag 2:

dec4tagcat1
To make this tag I did the exact same thing I did on the background it just has a totally different look because I used a kraft tag this time. The snowman is a Basic Grey chipboard shape from last year.
dec4tagcat2
Do you have a favourite ribbon? This is mine, for sure. I simply tied a bow and adhered it to the tag with glue dots and shoved some die cut pine branches underneath it. I covered the branches with a little Rock Candy stickles.

Tag 3:

dec4tagtsg
My equivalent of a CAS tag. The background was again created with the same materials as the last two tags, I just added some various snowflakes in the background. The main image and snowflakes are from There She Goes (called Holly Jolly) and it’s a LARGE stamp set with coordinating die for the large snowflake. I love it when I don’t have to fussy-cut!
Thank you for stopping in.. Have a wonderful Sunday!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ooh this tag looks delicious.. loving all the frantage in the corner. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!