Jacksonbelle Tuesday Challenge: a Sketch!

It's my dear son's birthday on Wednesday, but we're having the party tomorrow and he absolutely LOVES a Kim Hughes stamp of mine, so I HAD to use it on his birthday card. It's going to be a pretty lean birthday and Christmas this year, so I hope this card and the couple things that we bought for him will bring him joy. 

Here's the card I made with this week's sketch, and Dawn's color challenge:


 So I used a piece of unlikely birthday paper, and that's the blue piece which is actually from the MME Christmas collection! The rusty coloured paper is also from MME but it's from the Bloom and Grow collection. Here's a close-up of the "Cuteasaurous" on which I used a technique called "Nasty Rag." 



The technique is simple. Colour the area of the image you want to "nastify" and ONLY that section. Grab a rag with a lot of texture (I used a very old bath towel) and spray some colourless blender solution on it. Dab your image with the rag and you will get the "Nasty Rag" effect. Cool eh? 

Here's the sketch:


Please play along and link your creation at the Jacksonbelle blog


Remember that Inkadinkado stamps and sets are 75% off at the store. That's crazy!! Check it out!. 





Check out the rest of the team's creations and have an awesome week!

Jimmi Mayo ~ Stamping & Shopping
Michelle Philippi ~ Inside My Own Private Idaho
Carly Robertson ~ Paper in Bloom
Shemaine Smith ~ Scraptastic
Lynda Benden: Stamp Act
Jill Dunn: Ink Genious
Lindsey Botkin: Embellished
Trudee Sauer: Follow Your Bliss
Heather Lee-Reppen: The Best in Life
 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is just darling! I love the colors, coloring, stamps. I am SURE your son will just adore it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing, as always!! sad to hear your schedual doesn't allow for any more classes at Precious Memories. :( Hopefully when you aren't so busy, you'll come back and teach. Take care - Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - this is beyond cute! Great job on the challenge. Love the sentiment - "cuteasaurus". I know a little boy who'd love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the dinosaur! Every little boy would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tobi, this is absolutely DARLING! I love the cute image and the papers & colors you chose are perfect with him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!