boy

Getting Back into the Swing of Things…

Fact: I love to stay up late
Fact: I LOATH mornings
Fact: I mostly love summers because I can stay up really late and get lots of crafting done in peace. (As I type this it is 1:46 am)
Fact: I’ve had to re-train my body to my “summer schedule” with black tea and interesting movies… I am close to being re-acclimated.
Over the past couple of nights I’ve slowly pieced together some cards to share with you. (Sometimes the mojo is a little slow when I’m tired)
july2outof
First up, a card made for two challenges, this week’s TSG challenge – to use three different die cuts or punches, and the “free for all challenge” at SCS – make a card inspired by a weird holiday in July. I chose to honour today’s holiday (July 2nd): World UFO Day, using a cute set called Out of This World. I will give this to my Trekkie husband and wanna-be trekkie son tomorrow. I think they’ll get a kick out of it!
july2thankyou
I made four of these cards for the secretaries at my school. They love my cards and they are such wonderful, helpful people and I like to go out of my way by giving them some love every chance I get. I couldn’t resist using a school-themed stamp set called School Basics (Mint Motif). The font is so pretty and of course so appropriate for anything school-related. The paper is kind of school related too, although you wouldn’t know it.. It’s from Echo Park’s For the Record line.
july2congrats
Lastly, I made this card with a couple of things in mind: the Gallery Idol competition, the need for more wedding-ish cards, and today’s Inspiration Challenge at SCS.
I stopped by the flower shop yesterday where I sell my cards on consignment and the owner really liked a couple of my cards with the branch embossing folder, so that was a must today. I also wanted something simple and elegant, so CAS it was. You’ve likely seen this branch stamp before (Hero Arts), it’s one of my favourite stamps and so versatile. Here I’ve simply adhered some epoxy flowers (Prima) here and there to the branches… Pure loveliness. Some pretty purple twine, nestabilities die and the perfect sentiment finish the card off.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope all of you Canadians had a wonderful Canada Day. Enjoy World UFO Day today!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting!