A card, and some news...

It's been a while since I've posted.. I'm on spring break right now, so I've been relaxing, going to the gym, hanging out with my son and boyfriend, and celebrating Easter too!!

Onto the card. I love how this turned out. I don't know what it is about mono-chromatic cards but they always look so sharp to me! I started out by stamping the image on papertrey white CS. I coloured with Copic markers, and added glitter using my glue pen and some micro-fine "warm highlight" glitter found at my LSS or you can buy it from the Scor-Pal website (link on the right of my blog).

This colour combo is from a challenge on SCS, but I subbed black for grey because I found this patterned paper that went PERFECTLY with my stamp.. Have you noticed how popular polka-dots are in the fashion world right now?? I just bought a polka-dot shirt today..

On to my news: I'm engaged!! My boyfriend (Ian) hid the ring under my pillow the night before Easter (Easter eve, if you will) and after my son, Phoenix, was done his easter egg hunt the following morning Ian told Phoenix to look under my pillow. I thought it was just going to be MY easter basket, but instead it was a ring box. I was confused cause I knew Ian couldn't afford a ring (he's a student teacher, doing his practicum right now) so I didn't know how he managed to do it. But apparently he asked his mother if she could loan him a ring so he could have something to give me when he popped the question, and she gave him this ring, which was his grandmothers. We won't keep it, (for a number of reasons: I'm allergic to yellow gold, it's not my style etc) but it was amazing, and I'm thrilled he asked me to be his wife.. Now I just have to get used to saying my FIANCE Ian, instead my boyfriend Ian... weird... So have a great day, and thanx, as always, for stopping by!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Congratulations!!!
    (lovely card, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Tobi!! Congrats to you and Ian!! What a wonderful surprise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tobi,

    I have always been a fan of your work, so I followed a link to your blog and saw your wonderful news!! Congratulations!! Great cards and great news.

    Angela
    (SCS Inky Button)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your little family!



    Very cute card too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your engagement. That's wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! That is so sweet how he proposed- including your son like that- He's a keeper for sure!

    (ps, i totally agree with the monochromatic cards being so sharp- esp the black and white!! very cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tobi - I always come to your blog and check out your latest work - I love it (and especially your music!) Congratulations on your engagement - you deserve a great guy for both you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!! What a great surprise - and I love your ring!! The card is beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you! That is an awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Tobi!!!! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! Congratulations!!! How exciting!!!

    Beautiful Bella card too!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!