The Best Year Ever - MFT Stamps



Hello there! 

Long-time-no-blog! I've been on a little bit of a creative hiatus... 
This year has been full of a lot of action that didn't involve crafting, and that's ok. I hope to keep creating, but I'm actually enjoying just making things when I want to, and not because I HAVE to (like design teams etc....). 

Anyway.. My dear friend Sarah's birthday was yesterday so I played along with the current MFT color challenge. Challenges get me out of a creative rut every time, and I’ve had this MFT for a long time and never used it.... OOPS! 



I stamped the Chinese temple image (from Good Fortune - retired) in the color challenge colors to make a custom background. I figured that living in China makes this an appropriate theme for my friend’s birthday card!


I used the Stitched Oval Word Window die cut to make a little sentiment window then embossed the sentiment with white EP to make it stand out. (Die cut link here



A hobby I have enjoyed learning the past couple of years is hand-lettering. I know I would be better if I practiced more, but it is certainly a relaxing and calming pastime... This is technically "faux calligraphy" because it wasn't done with a brush tip - instead it was done with a white gel pen!


Thanks for stopping by!! ❤️ 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for commenting!