Genie's Sketch for you to try...














I'm posting....FINALLY! I made it through the Christmas concert season (as I call it) in-tact, a little tired, and behind on my Christmas duties, but I'm alive. I had to make some Christmas cards for all of the people I will be visiting on the 25th, so I thought I'd use Jen's "Sketch for you to try."
I had these felt shapes by American Crafts hanging around for a while, so I was intent on using them tonight. They don't match the paper (Scenic Route) exactly, but they'll work. Here are a couple of the cards close-up:















Supplies; Paper: Bazzil, Papertrey (white), Scenic Route (Patterned Paper); Stamps: Amuse (Carolers, sweet sentiment), Memory Box (Gingerbread guy), Impress (fa la la la); Ink: Noir (Palette); Copic markers, Liquid Appplique, Felt Shapes (American Crafts), Ribbon (May Arts).

There are a couple of small details that I thought I should mention; I used a gold-leafing pen around the perimeter of the patterned paper. I don't normally like gold, but the paper already had embossed accents of gold in it, so I went with it! Similar to distressing the edges of cardstock, it gives it that special *polished* look we all aim to achieve with our cards. I also coloured the images using Copic markers and used liquid applique on the gingerbread's buttons.

I hope you all have a *very* merry Christmas, I know I will!! (First Christmas with my boyfriend.. should be a blast!)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. these are absolutely flippin' adorable!!!!! thx for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just stopped by to tell ya the magazine is on the news stands:) I haven't recieved my free copy yet so I thought maybe you haven't either and that you didn't know it's available!! It's my first publication also:) I read on your blog that you were in the same one so after finding mine I looked for yours:) Your on page 63 I'm on 62 How cool is that? I love your card CONGRATS!!!Have a great day!!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome way to use the felt shapes. TOOO CUTE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!