Handmade Journal

One day while I was Pinning I happened upon a great tutorial for making mini-books and then didn't think of it again... That was until I saw the maker of the tutorial (Cheri Piles) in a LSS and got to thumb through all of her amazing work. Colour me inspired!!! 

I went home and made this: 


I went with a real mixed media-looking cover and used a lot of silver to glam it up. 


I used molding paste through a tear-shaped stencil then covered it with various paints and ink sprays. 


I used some DecoArt Metallic Lustre (similar to Inca Gold) on a few wood veneer pieces and stamped Technique Tuesday's May Day Greenhouse Stamp Set in Versamark then embossed with silver EP. 


I filled the inside with heavy white cardstock to allow whomever gets this to journal to use some heavier mediums, if they wish. I put a piece of patterned paper as sort of a cover page and DONE! 


Thanks for stopping by and make sure you head to Cheri's blog for the tutorial! 





You Might Also Like

3 comments

Thank you for commenting!