Trio-Tastic: Technique Tuesday

Hello all! I hope you're having a fantastic weekend wherever you are! Today I'm playing along with the Simon Says Monday Challenge, and this week it's "Trio-tastic", aka, use three of something.

My three? Three colours of paint. 



The great thing about the colours I chose was they blended together to make new colours, (that purple, OMG) so although I started with three, I ended up with a rainbow!!



After the rainbow dried I added some white paint splatters. It's a background that's almost ready for an image!!

I stamped the image in black then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I always had the plan to keep the cattails kind of silhouette-y so black was the right choice. 


After watercolouring with black I went around the tags with black acrylic paint, added a little stencilling with gold paint and added a ribbon. I can't wait to give these away! 


Supplies used: 
Technique Tuesday: Cattails
Paint: Dylusions (red, turquoise) and Prima (gold)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The colors on your tags are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. your tags are stunning and what a beautiful trio of colours you used...thank you so much for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!