Pretty KI Cake!

This is for a submission call from Papercrafts magazine. I traced and then covered the chipboard file folder with KI paper. It was especially helpful that all the paper I used was double-sided, so I had a lot of different patterns to choose from, and they all coordinated! After gluing the paper to the chipboard with Zip-dry adhesive (LOVE it), I sanded the edges and inked with Jumbo Java ink. I traced the top flap of the file onto the green paper to make the sentiment pop. To add special interest to the cake, I used the paper-piecing technique, in which I stamped the cake on patterned paper, cut it out, and placed it on the cake stand. I used foam squares to pop it up. To finish off the card I tied ribbon around the circular patterned paper, adhered it to the card base, and glued the file folder to the card.

Supplies: Paper: All patterned paper by KI Memories, white cardstock by Papertreyink; Ink: Jumbo Java (Versamagic by Tsukineko); Stamps: Sentiment (Stampin' Up!), Cake & accessories (Technique Tuesday); Ribbon: American Crafts; Chipboard file folder (My Minds Eye).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting!