Some Bunny Loves You

Being a young boy interested in things like Pokemon cards and watching hockey on TV, my 6 year-old son Phoenix doesn't take much interest in my craft, but every once in a while he'll find a stamp he LOVES, and he'll have to have it. He actually quasi-shoplifted this bunny stamp (he ran out of the store to show me when I was trying to leave) and with tears in his eyes he said, "Mommy, can I have this stamp, PLEASSSSSSSE.... The bun-bun is SO cute!" Being a good mother I said "no," but we put it on hold to see if he still wanted it in a couple of days... He did, and even decided it was worth raiding his piggy bank for..

My issue with Easter stamps is they're cute, but I don't give Easter cards.. So I made this card and paired it with a non-Easter sentiment (using Karen Foster Snap Stamps).

Supplies: Paper: Making Memories (patterned paper), My Mind's Eye (brown), Bazzill (Black); Stamps: Savvy Stamps (bunny), Snap Stamps (Karen Foster); Ink: Burnt Umber (Palette), Red Magic (Versamagic); Ribbon (May Arts), Copic Markers.

This card is using the colours from the colour challenge at SCS. They are: Kraft, Green Galore, and Tempting Turquoise (SU!). I used a stamp set I have only used once, so in my opinion it was a very fruitful and productive day...
Notes about the card: I wanted three different colours for the flowers, but there were only two colours in the challenge, so what I did was (probably a BIG no-no) stamp the flower first in blue, then in the green, then I stamped it.. Voila! Perfect coordinating colour.
Now I'm off to finish my son's Valentines!

Supplies: Paper: Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise (SU!), Kraft (Lasting Impressions); Ink: Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise (SU!); Ribbon (AC); Brads (MM).

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I can see why your lil guy wanted that stamp it is way too cute!!
    And your cards are great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still laughing about how Phoenix took that stamp out of the store.....and you had to come back in. I love the second card w/ the flowers on it, it looks great :-)
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the story about your son and the stamp -- very sweet - and your use of the big flower as a background is pure genius - thanks for sharing ---

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this big flower card! I really need to try this out too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!