Inspiration Challenge

Hi there! The weekend is here at last. This felt like one of the longest weeks since September. There is SO MUCH TO DO at school and right now I can't see the surface of my desk.... That's okay for now because I have nothing to do this weekend except relax, hang out with friends tomorrow, and make cards!

Tonight I made a card for the Inspiration Challenge at SCS. I chose to copy the layout of this image:




Here's my card using a brand new Whimsie Doodles digital stamp called Circus Baby Lion.. Adorable!!


I did a fun pointillism technique in the background using a few different shades of blue. I started by colouring a light blue wash over the whole background, then added the blue dots. I concentrated the dots closer to the image then tapered them out as they moved away from the centre.. Here's a closer look:


You can see the different shades of blue in this shot. I like to add a few different shades because it tends to bring vibrancy to your background versus a monochromatic look.. 

Stamps: whimsie doodles - digi stamp
Paper: MME, papertrey ink
Accessories: copic markers, nestabilities, silhouette digital cutter, srm sticker sentiment


Speaking of Whimsie Doodles... We have a new release coming up on the 5th, and I get to share a snippet of my card. Can you guess what it is?? 



And remember, if you are in the mood for shopping at the Whimsie Doodles store, remember to use this coupon code for 10% off! 


See you soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting!