Copics for Christmas


I don't actually get Copics for Christmas, I'll probably get them this week, but I'm planning my Christmas card classes at Precious Memories for September, and I have every intention on using my Copics on all or most of the card designs.. I haven't committed to both of these cards as I was just playing around, but I think this first card is a keeper. I'm using Basic Grey patterned papers for all of my cards (in the first class, at least) and I had to blend/layer the copics to get colours that matched the paper, but it worked wonderfully. That "red" colour on the scarf/hat etc is actually fuchsia and brown layered. I also used some new micro fine glitter to accent the snowmen, and on the snowflakes on the blue CS. During this colouring process I played around with different kinds of ink on this particular paper (watercolour paper) and I found that the heat-set Brilliance pigment ink worked best. On my Stampin' Up or Papertrey cardstock, however, I use Palette noir.

Materials: Cardstock: Basic Grey, Bazzil; Stamps: Paper Salon; Ink: Brilliance black (heat set); Tsukineko Glue Pad; Copic Markers; Mary Giga Scallop punch; Micro Fine glitter.

This card I was playing around with the Copic Airbrush system. The colours didn't end up Christmas-y, and actually the present image isn't very Christmas-y either, so it ended up kind of ambiguous, seasonally. LOL. I guess I could have coloured the present red, but there aren't any red Copics at the store right now, so this is one card I think I'll revamp, but otherwise it's a quick and easy card, and it's square too (which I love).

Materials: Cardstock: Basic Grey, Bazzil; Stamps: Paper Salon; Ink: Brilliance black (heat set), Versamagic: Cloud White; Copic Markers and Airbrush; Mary Giga and Mega Scallop punches; Sakura glitter pen.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Fantastic Blog, your cards are great, glad I found your blog, will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards Tobi - think I'm going to have to take your Christmas card class! Love the airbrush copic thing eh?? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I love it. I have added it to my blog under my blog favorites. I am a huge Copic fan and have a ton of information about Copic Sketch markers on my blog. http://www.murdocks.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!