Elzybells Challenge #2


 Design Team Challenge #2 was this sketch! Sketch challenges are my favourite. I find them so freeing because it takes the guess-work out of some aspects of the card design. I like to play with the sketches too, a little, but for this one I stayed fairly straight.. This is my card:
 
The SEI paper has gold embossing in it, so I went *all out* with my gold leafing pen. Gold is not usually my colour, but when the paper dictates it, it looks great. The Elzybells penguin was coloured with Copic markers and I used the gold leafing pen on the rim of his touque. (For you non-Canadians, that's pronounced tOOk as in spOOk.) I did the rounded and scalloped corners with round nestabilities dies. It's not an exact science beacuse it was HARD to cut those guys perfectly in half... I didn't want to score it, so i just kinda guessed where centre was. If I ever do this layout again I'll draw a pencil line on the backside or something... 
Here are the copics used on this card. Other supplies:
Stamp: Elzybells; Paper: SEI, Prism (Grey), PTI White; Ink: Ranger (Lamp Black); Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Gold Leafing Pen, Dimenionals.
Visit the Elzybells blog to see what the rest of the DT did! You can post your creations over there!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. So So cute! I love the rich colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sketch, and love your card

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the touches of gold on this, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card!!Love the penguin and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!! I love the details... and those scallops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the scallop corners and your image is super cute! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!