An *almost* ALL Silhouette Card

I had a heck of a weekend. It was frought with dress rehearsals, concerts, holding honour choir auditions and a few morsels of time here and there to play with my new toy. The one frustration with it is that it doesn't cut through Papertrey Ink paper (which is a very thick variety of cardstock PERFECT for card bases and gift items). Considering there are some templates in the Silhouette software for pillow boxes etc, I'm pretty bummed the paper won't cut... Oh well.. It cuts through Stampin' Up and Bazzill paper just fine, and I have a pretty good selection of that too, so onto the card at hand...

 
 I made this card for a lady in my choir who I've known for a long time. She's battled brain cancer for a couple years now, and just found out on Friday that she had two tumors return and because of the recent treatments there is nothing they can do. It's very sad because this always seems to happen to the nicest people, and Gayle is no exception. We had a concert yesterday and it was her birthday too. Knowing that it was her last concert with us made it an especially emotional performance, but I'm glad she could finish the season with us and still be able to perform. 

 Supplies: All paper by Stampin' Up; Card base and circle insert was cut with the Silhouette and it's a design by KWerner, the cake is a Quickutz design; Happy Birthday rubon (basic grey); white gel pen, SU! scallop punch.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Tobi, hello. I just purchased a Silhouette also and I used Papertrey paper when I made my first cut. Before I cut, I adjusted the settings. You have to click on "add media" and I typed Cardstock 90 lbs on there. I used the pink blade. I hope this helps. I'm in no way an expert, but it did cut for me.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!