I'm gettin' it scrapped!

As I stared at this year's Santa picture my thoughts went to LAST year's Santa picture and lingered on the fact that I have not scrapped it yet!! So with the slight burn of guilt in my heart I decided to get this layout down right away so I could at least feel good about that! And I do!




I used this week's sketch from Pencil Lines provided by Donna Downey. At first I cut out all of the snowflakes to actually be used on the layout, but I had the brilliant idea to use them as masks and airbrush with an E25 Copic Marker.. It is a better choice because now the focus is on the picture and the snowflakes are subtle, and yet still a lovely feature! *happy dance* Phoenix's smile is questionable because he has a lot of teeth issues going on and the poor thing is embarrassed to smile. It makes me so sad that he's self-conscious, but he knows that after the "Rapid Palette Expander" that's in right now to widen his mouth will soon make way for braces, that will eventually bring him perfect teeth! He's young for braces, but one tooth is completely sideways and is causing damage to not only his psyche, but to his lower teeth. :(

This next card I made as I was cleaning up my craft/crap area and I had this image coloured and just sitting there!! I HAD to make a card for it....


I'm really enjoying colouring lately.. I have started to pay attention to the shading AROUND the main image, and it's amazing how good it makes the image look. So much pop and pizazz...



So I have a bunch of Christmas photos to edit and a couple challenges to play so I will be back soon! Have a great day!

Supplies:

2009 Layout: Paper: Kraft, Elzybells; Chipboard shapes and die-cut numbers, Basic Grey; Snowflake shapes cut with the Slice; Lace, unknown, journaling tag, Basic Grey Origins.

Card: Paper: Bazzill, PTI; Stamp: Stampavie; Ink: Ranger lamp black; Ribbon; Amuse; Brads, Nestabilities, Copic markers, rub-ons (Cosmo Cricket).

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the snowflake masking and what a great picture! Cute stamp for that card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!