Giving myself Permission

my lonely craft area... so sad and unused.
  • I give myself permission to take a break from crafting when I am sick
  • I give myself permission to take a break from SCHOOL when I am sick! (this is the hardest thing for me to do...)
  • I give myself permission get frustrated that everytime I get sick, I get REALLY sick and develop this HORRIBLE cough and lose my voice. It's THE worst thing on the planet for a choir teacher... *sigh*
I have been SO sick this year and it seems like ever since I got H1N1 in October my immune system has stopped fighting, or is unable to fight, or whatever! But I am downright MAD now. Why do I get so sick, so often? I have started taking liquid vitamins (apparently they are superpower vitamins) and beyond that, I don't know what I can do.. Any suggestions?? 

It could be worse.. Which brings me to my next point.. I was blog hopping (because I am sick and can't do much more than that) and came across this story about Linda Burnasakorn.
Wow that is some heartbreak! To lead an absolutely normal life, get sick, then wake up from a coma with no feet and no fingers.. It takes my breath away.. I am going to donate to her cause and I hope you can find it in your hearts to do the same. I have NEVER done this on my blog, but her story is so real and heart-wrenching that I couldn't resist spreading the word.


PS.... Look at my hit counter.. I'm about to hit a HUGE milestone. Do you think I should celebrate?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Tobi, i hope you feel better! Thanks for sharing that story - i am not sure what I'd do if i lost the ability to digi-scrap/scrap or take photos... my heart hurts thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been sick, Tobi! I've been on a sickness induced blogging break too, it's not fun!

    I used to get horribly sick, all of the time. Then we realized that my thyroid function was very low, and after a few years of getting it stabilized, I almost never get sick anymore, and when I do, it's so much milder than it used to be.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that must be so miserable for you! I just pray that you can get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, my dear....I am convinced that sometimes we get these darn nasties just so we don't ever take feeling good for granted and that we slow down a bit. But, so sorry! Take good care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!