Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge



This month we decided to dedicate the Blog Hop to scallops!  We want to see your best use of scallops, of any sort, on a project!  This can include scalloped borders, offset-scallops, stamped scallops,  scalloped mats, scalloped frames, layered scallops, scalloped tags or anything else you can dream up! You can use dies, patterned scissors or even circle punches in a row to achieve your special look. We are looking forward to seeing all of your amazing creations!



I cut out scallops from four different cardstocks (aqua mist, pure poppy, berry sorbet, sweet blush) and stamped images from "In Bloom" in white ink randomly... I inked the edges with white and adhered them to the card base. 

I cut a length of dark chocolate twill tape and made it into a quasi double-ended banner. It's stiff enough ribbon that I'm confident it will keep it's shape. It's weird stuff, that twill tape. 

Then I stamped the sentiment on white CS, cut it out with a nestie, inked it with aqua mist ink and popped it on the card! 

I've been getting in the habit of leaving my plain CS in a pile on my workspace and shuffling them around to find cool colour combos, and this is a product of tonight's shuffling.. Pretty nice colours eh? 

Thanks for stopping by! Have fun on the hop!

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. This is beautiful. Your color selection is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clean design of this, and those scallops are just fab!! The color combo you chose is an awesome one as well! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off-set scallops are my favorite things - stamping them with In Bloom - brilliant! This is absolutely gorgeous and has such perfect balance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the scallops stamped with In Bloom, and the colors are fabulous! Great sponging around the sentiment to make it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! I love the colors of your scalloped borders, and the inking on the die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Love the cascade of colored scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun color combo! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the in bloom on the scallops!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! The stamping on the scallops is fantastic and I really like your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love your take on scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! I love how you stamped on the scallops, and I love your colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is lovely...love your colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card.. I love the colors you use!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow! This is great! I love the shadowey effect. Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card!! Love the colors and the stamping on the scallops. Congratulations on winning the card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to see a Canuck girl bring home the PTI win! ;) I'm a longtime admirer of your work and look forward to your blog updates.

    Congrats!

    Atlantic Canadian Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on winning! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a beautiful card. i love the soft, inked up frame around the die cut, very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!