Fast Finish Art Journal Project

Oh My Goodness! I have slaved away on this project for you (that may be a slight hyperbole, but you got that…) and I hope you like it! All this week the Stampendous! team has been experimenting with Beacon’s Fast Finish adhesive and I have had a lot of fun experimenting.

Recently I’ve gotten into art journalling (you’ve seen a few of my projects here) and I am by no means an expert, but what I have to offer is my journey of experimentation.. Art journalling is truly a freeing and satisfying experience, and if you have a store near you that carries some of the products (or classes, even!) do it! Try it!! It’s fun!!

Step 1) Mist papers with Dylusions mists

fastfinish1

Step 2) Start with a small pile of Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and add some Beacon’s Fast Finish adhesive to it… Enough to make a paste.

fastfinish2

Step 3) Mix with a paint brush.

fastfinish3

Step 4) Pounce and/or spread the paste over the surface of the project. Because I was working with embossing powder I heated it all with a heat tool. It did bubble a little oddly because of the Fast Finish, but it melted.

fastfinish4

Step 5) After all of the heat-embossing, apply a coat of Fast Finish to seal it all.

fastfinish5

After all of that work on “the base” I stamped on top with Archival ink and added my journalling elements. So there! The "Dear Santa" was written on a card and on the inside I will write some "Christmas Wishes" for 2012.. Most of them NOT presents, I think. ;)


Stampendous! images used: Jumbo Santa, Jumbo Sparkle Joy

Then be sure to plan some time this weekend to check out a whole round of terrific projects using this great product along with some wonderful Stampendous! images and Essentials and some other gems from Beacon Adhesives. It will be a ton of fun, and we’ll be giving away some Fast Finish and Stampendous products for randomly chosen comments! Check out the Stampendous! blog!  and these hoppers:




You Might Also Like

10 comments

Thank you for commenting!