Santa Air Drop - Monochromatic Colouring Tutorial

I'm here today with another quick Copic tutorial using Stampendous! stamps. 
 For today's card I chose the gorgeous Cling Santa Air Drop stamp. 


I was looking at this scene and wondered how I could really focus on Santa and his presents and considered the "Spotlight Technique" (that's where you have a punched-out area of the stamp that's coloured and everything else is not) but decided to go in a slightly different direction. I don't know what I would call this technique, but having everything monochromatic except for the focal point of the image is another fun way to switch up your colouring. 

Here's how I coloured the grays: 

As you can see, I went through the entire image and coloured all of the dark/shadows (C7), then into the mediums (C5/C3) then the lightest marker (C1). 


Here's the completed card! To enhance the grays and give other parts of the image a little pizzazz, I added some Crystal Micro Glitter by going over bits with a glue pen. It's a quick and easy way to add glitter!! 

Thanks for joining me today, and happy colouring!   


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The grays give this a wintery feel, cool and quiet. LOVE IT. Santa and his presents just are just great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!