Topical Tuesday: Chalkboard Ornaments


Hi there,I'm here with a fun kid-friendly Topical Tuesday for Annabelle Stamps!
I bought a package of plain, clear Christmas ornaments knowing I wanted to decorate them somehow, so really this was all just playing around... 

First, we painted our ornaments with Black Gesso. Yes, there's BLACK gesso! It dries matte so I figured it would look just like chalkboard paint (because I didn't have any...). 


Next, using a few stamps from Holly Jolly Christmas, I stamped in white pigment ink onto the ornament. Hint: don't mount the stamps on anything. Use your fingers to help the stamp hug the curves of the ornament. 


So when all was said and done, I liked the clean-and-simple look of the black and white (with a touch of red) better than my attempt at colour: 


I still have a few ornaments left to decorate, I wonder what I'll do with them??!! 

Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoyed my post today!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. you're so creative, I like both ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I might just make some for each of my grandchildren, with their names on them, and put them on my 'kids' tree. I bet you could use a glitter pen to add a bit of Christmas Bling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!