Stampbook Saturday

july15stampbook3

Last year on our Spring Break vacation we visited a butterfly garden. I did not expect to love it as much as I did, I was not prepared for the sheer amount of butterflies that fluttered around! You weren’t allowed to pick them up, but if they just happened to land on you, you could enjoy them up-close for as long as they stayed there.. It was awesome and I got a lot of great shots (after I warmed up my lens under the hand dryer first…)

Today this layout is featured at the TSG blog for a feature called “Stampbook Saturday.” I took a new stamp set called Hibiscus that arrived 2 days ago and inked it up with white pigment ink and created a custom background:

july15stampbook1

I don’t know what it is about white pigment ink on kraft.. It’s so crisp! I figured these tropical blossoms went well with the butterflies in my layout.

july15stampbook2

I trimmed all the photos to 4x4 and grouped them together over the stamping. I played with the photo placement before settling on this placement. I love how the photos pop against the kraft… I think this layout does exactly what a layout should do: it instantly takes me back to this trip and the memories come flooding back!

That’s all for today! Have a great weekend.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is so pretty! LOVE the background you created. Makes for an amazing page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!