This card actually began with the crown... lol. I don't usually use an embellishment as a jumping-off point but my faux patina came out so well I wanted it to be the main attraction... The sentiment is from a Technique Tuesday set called Dream Big.. I envision stamping "MOM" or "FRIEND" on the inside to complete the sentiment..
This was originally pewter - or that metal look that most of Tim Holtz stuff is - and I altered it with Vintaj Patina Paints and GOLD Inka Gold paint. I'm not an expert at altering metal, but it was great fun to transform this piece.. I have a few more bits and bobs to play around with too!
This week's Sketch Challenge is from Julia Stainton (Julia S @ SCS). This is the card that it's based on, and here's the sketch:
Here is how to play:
- Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC11), and link it here with the inlinkz widget.
- Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
- A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12:01 AM EST, and you have until noon on Wednesday EST to submit your entry.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
- We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Thursday" post where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
- Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
- Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!