iSpy Sketch #11

Hi there and welcome to week 11 of iSpy Sketches! Have you had a chance to play along yet? If not, you should give it a try.. Kim finds inspiration from fellow card-makers and creates an easy-to-follow template to be interpreted any way you like!! I never look at the inspiration card until after I'm done my card - that way I don't copy the original closely and it becomes my own creation! Here's my card:




This card actually began with the crown... lol. I don't usually use an embellishment as a jumping-off point but my faux patina came out so well I wanted it to be the main attraction... The sentiment is from a Technique Tuesday set called Dream Big.. I envision stamping "MOM" or "FRIEND" on the inside to complete the sentiment.. 


This was originally pewter - or that metal look that most of Tim Holtz stuff is - and I altered it with Vintaj Patina Paints and GOLD Inka Gold paint. I'm not an expert at altering metal, but it was great fun to transform this piece.. I have a few more bits and bobs to play around with too! 

This week's Sketch Challenge is from Julia Stainton (Julia S @ SCS). This is the card that it's based on, and here's the sketch: 



Here is how to play:
  •  Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC11), and link it here with the inlinkz widget. 
  • Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
  • A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12:01 AM EST, and you have until noon on Wednesday EST to submit your entry.
  • You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
  • We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Thursday" post where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
  • Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
  • Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for commenting!