Santa Gift Bag

Hi there! I'm here with a fun gift idea for the holidays. It’s sad, but true, that most of us have given up on wrapping paper and have turned to gift bags to disguise our precious gifts… Hey, I get it! Bags are easier to store, to use, to carry… But why not take one extra step and make them your own??!! For as long as I’ve been stamping I’ve been purchasing plain bags (usually of the kraft variety) and decorating them with tags, bows, ribbons, or stamping directly on the bag itself. Enter today’s project:
santabag1
I used a beautiful set called Jumbo Vintage Santa (CRS5043) for everything! The triangle frame was made by stamping the banner stamp in a rectangle– it connected much better than I anticipated - and added some cardstock and a touch of patterned paper on the inside. And the main image; what more can you say about this jolly fella?? I stamped the Jumbo Santa on watercolor paper and coloured him with Distress Makers and a waterpen to blend.
santabag2
I gave him some great, big rosy cheeks and added touches of grey to his glorious beard. I finished the top off with a couple of ribbons and a little bell. Very rustic!
santabag1
I cannot wait to give this away at Christmas time! I hope you liked this project – it was a snap to make! Thanks for joining me!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting!