Chalkboard Technique With Stampenous Stamps


Hi there! I'm here with a quick tutorial at the Stampendous! Blog on the ever-so-popular 


Chalkboard Technique!”

It’s inspired by the beautiful chalkboard art we now see all over the media, print, and of course Pinterest. (You have also seen me do this A LOT in the past few months!) What you may not know is that you don’t need stamps that are specifically made for the chalkboard look, and you may not know that it’s super easy!!

Here’s what you’ll need:
IMGP3317


Supplies: black cardstock, VersaMark pad, Detail White Embossing Powder, white pigment or hybrid ink, and a stamp. Today I’m using Cling King Teapot and Cling Kettle On. (Not shown: white Sharpie)

1. Step one – stamp teapot with VersaMark and cover with embossing powder. Heat until shiny. Once the embossing powder has cooled doodle a white frame around the teapot with a white Sharpie.
IMGP3319



2. Using your finger, smudge some white ink around the image to give the black cardstock that “chalky” look.
IMGP3320



3. Cut out the chalkboard you’ve created.
IMGP3322

4. Find some fabulous coordinating papers and create a card!

IMGP3360
That was easy, right? I just LOVE this chalkboard trend and every time I play around with a new image I wonder if it would look good done with this technique – and this teapot (and sentiment) look fab!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank you, thank you for this tutorial!! I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing. I've just done my own thanks to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!