Thursday, May 2, 2013

Jumbo Peruvian Lily

Stampendous is rolling out the new release stamps and our new April Catalog is chock full of gorgeous flowers for you to use for any occasion! Birthday? – Flowers are great! Get Well? – Of course you’ll send flowers. Mom? – Yup! Flowers are her fave! Anniversary? – Of course!

Today I'm sharing a mixed media card made with a bunch of different paints featuring Jumbo Peruvian Lily. I've mentioned this before, but the jumbo stamps now come with masks, so I thought I would use it in this project. 

Here's what I came up with:
photo (54)


I started out by painting on watercolour paper with watered-down acrylic paints. It's just a "wash" of colour and you can see the horizontal strokes from my large brush. 
photo (51)


Once dried, I taped down the mask with washi tape. 
photo (50)


I added white paint with a dabber and made sure I either dabbed the paint on, or dragged it from the mask ON TO the paper. This will help to prevent bleeding underneath the mask. 
photo (53)

After a few layers of white I removed the mask. 
photo (49)


Once the white paint was dried I then stamped onto the paper with black Archival Ink. I didn't mind that it didn't line up perfectly because I'm going to add some shading and the white will help me achieve that. 
photo (48)


After the white was dry I painted on top of it with acrylic paints. 
I also added some shading with my charcoal pencils - it's a nice effect!
photo (52)

Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!Love that stamp,great coloring,thanks for the tip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Tobi! Can't wait to spread this all over the internet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Wonderful tutorial also! (I love tutorials because I learn so much from them!) Thank you for sharing this with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!! I LOVE this FUN card, such a FUN technique!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!