Elzybells Sneak Peek Day 2

I am really excited about this card. I just wanted to show you the process I went through to get to the final result.

I don't really have a fear of drawing on my stamped area and adding a little "this or that." I'm not a great artist, by any stretch of the imagination, but I think adding a line here or there can really give your images context. For example:


 
Pictured are three surf boards. The images are three seperate stamps (the board, the flower outline, and the flower centres) and I coloured the background of the board with a Copic marker. 
Now, on its own this would be alright... You could slap a sentiment on there and it would be cute, but I wanted to step it up a notch:

I used a copic multiliner pen (0.50) and drew some sand around the boards and behind them to act as the shore. And again.. this would be alright as is, but I had to add some colour:

ahhh..... Now it's complete. And how easy was that?? 
Check out the rest of the DT:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Aww love it Tobi - it's fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...it totally Makes th eimage to ground it like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful job on this Tobi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Tobi, you are right that ground finsihes it off perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic background Tobi - fab idea!! Makes all the difference.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,so simple but what a difference it makes.Really finishes the card.Great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!