Elzybells Sneak Peek Day 2

I am really excited about this card. I just wanted to show you the process I went through to get to the final result.

I don't really have a fear of drawing on my stamped area and adding a little "this or that." I'm not a great artist, by any stretch of the imagination, but I think adding a line here or there can really give your images context. For example:


 
Pictured are three surf boards. The images are three seperate stamps (the board, the flower outline, and the flower centres) and I coloured the background of the board with a Copic marker. 
Now, on its own this would be alright... You could slap a sentiment on there and it would be cute, but I wanted to step it up a notch:

I used a copic multiliner pen (0.50) and drew some sand around the boards and behind them to act as the shore. And again.. this would be alright as is, but I had to add some colour:

ahhh..... Now it's complete. And how easy was that?? 
Check out the rest of the DT:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. You are right...it totally Makes th eimage to ground it like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Tobi, you are right that ground finsihes it off perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic background Tobi - fab idea!! Makes all the difference.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,so simple but what a difference it makes.Really finishes the card.Great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!