cas

New Feature: Leftover Sunday #1

I have a habit of keeping patterned papers, embellishments and coordinating cardstock on my craft table for about a week in case I want to make some more projects with it. I like doing this because all of the colour-matching and embellishment choosing has already been done and I can just colour and go! What happens at the end of the week (Saturday/Sunday) is I either put the scraps in my scrap bin (never to be seen again) and I recycle the little bits. My embellishments, die cuts, and pre-printed digi stamps go into their homes and everything is tidy again, ready for a new week. 

Well I was thinking... Why don't I make a few more things with the leftovers sitting on my desk? 

Here's my first serving of Leftover Sunday: 




These die cuts were part of an experiment with my Silhouette. I downloaded these American Crafts designs last week and I always have a hard time with the print-and-cut function. It's actually quite neat when it works, and it worked this time! You print the shapes out on the printer then the Silhouette recognizes some marks and cuts out around the shapes. So... they were just laying around on the pile. I paired the shapes with SRM sticker sentiments and suddenly, 3 cards were born! 


I don't know how you guys that play with digi stamps do it, but I print out a bunch of images at a time, that way there's always something ready to go and I don't have to fiddle with my computer. I've had this little gnome on my table for a while now so I finally decided to give him a home. 

That reminds me!!! Do you like coupons?? Here's a coupon for 10% off your purchase at Whimsie Doodles


If you've never tried them, GO FOR IT! The images are in JPEG format and you can open them and print them from any photo program.. I've even heard of people opening in them in Word!  

So.. Was this a good idea? I hope so. 

I'll see you next Sunday with another helping of leftovers!! Take care. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. What a FUN idea Tobi!! I have been doing something a little similar to eat up those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your leftovers Tobi. What a great idea. Will feature these on Facebook later in the week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!