cas

February Stamp Tech Challenge

Hi there! Teri ( our fearless leader at Technique Tuesday ) has given us an inspiration challenge. Truth be told, inspiration challenges are the hardest for me because I never seem to stick to my original plan... Anyone else have this problem?? *tumbleweed* Anyway...

This is my card:






It is based on this inspiration photo:





Confused? Lol.. I was originally going for the soft blue look, then a bunch of green crept in (which still fits the color scheme..) but then I started distressing and it got a little crazy... So it's based on the colors with no red, hehehe.











I colored the butterflies with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze. They blend together beautifully when they're wet! After the glaze dried I sprayed the card with glimmer mists and used my flat iron to do my magic..

Stamps used: Wingin' It, and Sweet Somethings

Hey, did you check out my post on the TT blog the other day? I posted a little video about glimmer mists and a couple of tips I've learned along the way... Check it out:



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your technique. I was always frustrated by tattered angels, but realize I was not shaking them well enough. Love your Nails!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video. That flat iron trick works great. I love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card--even without the red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so soft and beautiful. just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absoultely love the colors and the stamps are awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the splattered/sprayed ink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very artsy. I like how you colored the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love the distressed look!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shading around the edges of the card looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you colored the background area. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The coloring of the butterflies is beautiful. I love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always appreciate a card that looks sophisticated enough to send for any occasion. Thank you, and the butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the watercolors!!!! ALL the splatters & bleeding! Watercolor is one of my favorite techniques!
    Thanks for showing us your technique! Your hot iron can also be used to iron RIBBON! :) BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. good visual for the watercoloring technique....love the butterflies and the button is adorable....:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool...look what the monkey drug in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the soft colors on your tag! sometimes it is hard to match up the 'inspiration' with the finished product but I immediately picked out the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a soft delicate card. As for no red you can always tell folks you signed the inside with a red pen...lol I don't think red would have been proper on your card on the outside anyway...lol Beautiful!
    Cindy C

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job of coloring your butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card. You are very artistic!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the butterflies because you can see so much of their wings and I can clearly see your beautiful glimmer glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really beautiful card! Love your technique, I have not seen the glimmer glaze used this way! Beautiful card result! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty card! Love the way you coloured the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a real sucker for butterflies and love the soft colors! You left out the red, you indicated...but I've actually never seen a red butterfly... I like what you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!