Hi there! This week the iSpy Sketches design team is taking a look back at some of our favourite sketches and we’re calling it “Free For All Friday.” I took this opportunity to alter the sketch a little more than I did the first time around and use the original as more of a “jumping-off point.” It was a great creativity booster!
I used the sketch from ISSC #14. Here’s the sketch:
and here’s my card in full-colour:
This is going to end up being a prototype for a Christmas card I make for a friend’s company. Their business colours are black and yellow – but I cheated and used dark brown instead… I hope they don’t mind! The poinsettia is a die cut by Spellbinders (one of my all-time fav's) and I cut out some Best Creations glitter paper. Have you ever used it? $3.99 a sheet, but it’s so pretty… In small doses…
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Cardshoppe; Patterned Paper: Echo Park; Glitter Paper: Best Creations; Sentiment Stamp: Jingle All the Way by Ali Edwards from Technique Tuesday; MME Twine.
Here is how to play:
- Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC36), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below.
- Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
- A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12:01 AM EST, and you have until noon on the following Friday EST to submit your entry.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
- We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Winners" post every Sunday where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
- Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
- Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!