Elzybells Challenge: Red, Green and Gold

Elzybells Challenge #9
The next challenge that YOU are invited to play is: MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD WITH TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COLOURS: RED, GREEN, AND GOLD. Gold is a really hard colour for me to work with, but I think (hope) I was able to use it in my design, and not be too old-fashioned. 
I paper pieced her little outfit using American Crafts Christmas paper, and added liquid applique accents to fluffy parts of her accessories, and coat. LOVE that stuff.. The gold elements are Colorbox cat-eye ink in "Gold" and I used a gold-leafing pen to outline the image panel.I'm hoping to make about 20 of these to use as gift tags for Christmas gifts as the finished size is about 2.5x4.25. I had a lot of extra "tag bases" from cutting up 8.5x11 paper into 4.25 square cards, so I thought this would be a great way to recycle those scraps.. I don't like to waste paper if it's possible..
All stamps are by Elzybells Art Stamps. Paper: Bazzill, Papertrey, American Crafts; Ink: Ranger (Lamp Black), Colorbox (Gold); Copic Markers, SU! Scallop and Ticket Corner punches, Liquid Applique.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love this!!! Great job on all the details

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job! Completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is way too cute - Love your coloring job and she also makes the cutest banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - I know what you mean about using gold but I love the way you've used it and kept it modern looking.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!