I thought September was going to be easy...


I haven't had a day off since school started, and that's including weekends! It's been NUTS!!! This past weekend I was directing a group of 16 of the top high school singers in the Province in an honour vocal jazz group. They were great, but I'm beat!! I'm looking forward to a little time off tonight to catch up on some crafting stuff including getting prepared for the Crop for Kids.

What is Crop for Kids? It's a crop where all of the materials, supplies etc and TEACHER'S time is donated to the BC Children's Hospital Foundation. I have to admit that when they first contacted me to teach at the event I was hesitant. Having 4 jobs takes its toll on me, and I literally have no free time for myself, so charity has never been something that has worked its way into my life BUT I agreed to do it. The weekend this is all taking place is going to be INSANE because I have 2 conferences on the Friday (musical) and on Saturday, both of which I am heavily involved in, and then this event is on the Sunday. But you know what? When the weekend is over I know I am going to feel great about my small contribution, and it will feel good to give back..

I am teaching a class on sponging. I have no idea what the enrollment is like for my class, but I hope I have a fun bunch of ladies to share my tips with. I love sponging, and some of my favourite cards (and yours via comments) have been sponged. Here are the cards I have made for the event:



 

 



Each participant gets 3 pieces of the 12x12 patterned paper required to make the cards, as well of a package of white rub-ons, the flowers and ribbon needed etc..

If you are attending the Crop for Kids I would love to see you there! I have never been, but am looking forward to taking in all of the action! I can't wait.

Okay... off to create.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I hope your class goes well, looks like it will be great! This is the first I have heard about this crop, may have to check out the class schedule.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!