Stamping On Fabric....EEK!

Okay. So I took a really big leap here and I bought a couple of canvas bags in the hope that I could make something cute like Sherrie Siemens did at the Copic certification. She gave me the info and the confidence to try it out. I, however, did not have the VersaCRAFT ink that she used, and I used Memento, so we'll see how it holds up. It stamped nicely on the fabric though!


I made Phoenix a library book bag because he lost his books about a hundred times last year, maybe this will cut down on the late-book reminders. At least if he looses the bag too someone will be able to give it back to him!

I used some Making Memories foam stamps on this bag, and they are a really great, cheap option when you need to stamp large-scale like this. So the foam stamps are "Phoenix" and "2" and I used Gel-a-tins to stamp "Loves" and "read." The dino is a Whipper Snapper stamp and here's a close-up:


I forgot to heat-set the ink at first so there's a tiny bit of running along the top, but it worked out great! I was even able to do a little shading with my Copic markers, then I airbrused in BG0000 and BG00.

Take the leap! Stamp on some fabric today

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting!