It's a "Tobi Card"

I've heard people describe my cards as: colourful, bright, bold but I don't intentionally create with those directives in mind, I just create! Whenever someone gets handed a thick card envelope from me, my hubby or my son, they inevitably squeal "IT'S A TOBI CARD" and rip it open to find out what's inside.. What makes my cards ME? I can always recognize my own cards, ofcourse, but what is my style? Is it always the same thing? Today I'm sharing 3 cards that have one component in common: Colour! 
Here are three cards that I would consider recognizably "Tobi Cards", but what do I know? The first two revolve around the colours of the patterned papers I've chosen to work with, the last one is just a combination of pretty colours brought to life with copic markers! 

Card 1) Inspired by the colours of the WeR papers. I coloured a MFT image, made a flower with some pretty yellow ribbon, cut that scalloped trim with the Silhouette, and after all that it became a "Tobi Card." When I pick out patterned paper I look for small patterns (so when I cut it up for a card you can still see what the pattern is supposed to be) and the colour combo. 


Card 2) Do you have a butt-load of thickers? I do! I have over 30 packs of American Craft's letter stickers, and yes, it's sad.. Really sad... So here's my meager attempt at using them. They are really great for adding big bold sentiments to cards, I just tend to forget about 'em... 




Card 3) I made this card for a challenge but never got it uploaded in time.. haha.. Story of my blogging life.. Anyway. I used some unconventional colours for the clouds (because of the colour challenge) and WOW do I love it! Cream clouds! Who wouldda thunk? An old Making Memories tag and some yummy PTI ribbon finished off this card that included some Studio 64 (Papertrey Ink) stamps.. 

Have an awesome weekend! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Tobi...Just heard the news...Congratulations and welcome to The Cutting Cafe! I'm looking forward to working with you...you do awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!