TSG154–May Flowers

This week our challenge is brought to us by our Trendsetter of the week, Laurel! She is challenging us to make a card or project using May flowers!! Since April is over, and we all know how the saying goes, it is time for May flowers, so be sure to use SOMETHING floral on your card, whether it be paper, stamps, or embellishments.
It was time for me to decorate the next month in my DT calendar so I thought I would make it to fit with this challenge and share with you how I try to stay organized with my design team duties.. Here’s the “picture” part of the calendar:

may calendar

I used a new There She Goes stamp set called Oh Snap! It’s a cute set with cameras and film and some great sentiments to match! I am attempting to only use one pad of 6x6 paper to decorate my calendar because well… I HAVE TOO MANY 6X6 PADS! There, I said it.. Some of my older pads are gathering dust – literally – so this is one way to use one up.. The colour scheme is quite BRIGHT but it makes me happy to have everything match.. I’ve toned down the papers slightly by rubbing some white paint with a dabber along the edges of the papers. I also added paint to the flowers to unite all of the different patterns going on..
Here’s the inside of the calendar:
maycalendar2
YIKES! Yah.. that’s why I am only on 3 (sometimes 4) design teams.. I don’t know how people can manage doing more.. Well, I suppose not everyone works 60+ hours a week at two jobs, but still… This is all I can manage!! I’ve got my design team duties on here (colour-coded) as well as my teaching and work schedule at my second job: Clipper Street Scrapbooking Company. So there you have it… My attempt at organization!
Supplies: Stamp set: Oh Snap; Patterned Papers: BasicGrey; Cardstock: Bazzill and Copic Xpress; Embellishments: Flowers by Graphic 45, Glittered frame by Crate Paper. brads by Kaiser, Paint Dabber by Ranger, 6X6 calendar by SRM Stickers.

To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project using May flowers, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (April 30th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!! Awesome!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. OHHH! What a fabulous calendar design! I think I'm going to take some lessons from you--SAY NO! I'm on so many teams....I can't keep up! Hope you get everything done:) LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!